Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sears gas clothes drier

On 8/15/2018 7:05 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:22:09 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/15/2018 12:18 PM, Oren wrote:

[snip]

My local gas utility changed out a home gas meter (next door) and did
not go inside to light pilot lights. Wish I'd had watched it. It was
done from the outside so you didn't have to be home. Interesting.

I saw a gas meter changed once. They didn't cut off the supply. There's
so little pressure it's not hard to get the new meter on.

We hit a line with a back hoe once. It is kind of exciting and there
is a bit of pressure in there.

Hitting a gas line is embarrassing, I felt so stupid when the gas company repair crew pulled up.Â* All the neighbors came out to watch.Â* It's also expensive.