Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?

trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 9:16:48 PM UTC-4, Arlen Holder wrote:
On 14 Aug 2018 17:45:37 GMT, in alt.home.repair you wrote:

It doesn't even needs must be a jet pump altho if can find one of same
form factor to fit the existing plumbing makes swap-out simpler.

I'm not sure what you're saying there as your edits got garbled (it happens
to all of us), but I do AGREE that buying a motor as a spare is a good idea
given that (a) repair costs more than a motor, and (b) with the pump there
is no water pressure.

Plus, it's always handy to have an extra 1HP motor around to use as a disk
sander or whatever.

The problem of course is matching what is needed to fit nicely.
a. 1 HP (SF 1.4) is a given, as is 115/230VAC & 3450 RPM & Frame 56C.
b. The "jet pump" part seems to be in the "cast iron" head.

BTW, I realized that the model number is actually SHORTER than I posted,
because they mix the model and serial number together, it seems.

The model number seems to be: 5KC39QN
https://duckduckgo.com/?&q=5KC39QN+motor&ia=web

I'm still confused about this "jet pump" part of the spec though.

I need to learn more about this "jet pump" part because I think if I just
buy a motor, it's not a "jet pump motor" but just a "motor". The "jet pump"
part seems to be in that cast-iron head - which would likely stay since it
has all the pipes connected to it.

Can I just buy "any old" booster-pump motor that fits those basic specs?
Like, for example, this one?
https://www.sustainablesupply.com/to...rs/pump-motors

I said if it is the pump, you should probably be looking for a whole pump, not a motor. DPB said it doesn't have to be a jet pump either, which I agree with.

I will be the third to agree with this.

I would get a new pump. Maybe a chunk of something is jamming the impeller
which would give the same conclusion.

--
Tekkie