Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do yourebuild the bearings?

On 8/15/2018 3:06 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 3:52:36 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

I can see that the water storage tanks alone seem to be supplying about 55
psi according to the gauge at the front of the booster pump, if that
reading is correct.

That simply isn't physically possible given the arrangement you've
outlined; there can be only 5 or so psi of static head from a 10-ft tall
tank sitting at the same elevation.

Either the gauge won't zero or as noted elsewhere, the well pump was
running b

Even if the submersible pump was running, the water pressure at the storage tank is still determined by the water height and would be the same with the pump on or off. It might be a few pounds higher with the pump on, depending on how it's plumbed.

The latter is what wasn't sure of...depending on just how it is plumbed
and how he had some of those isolation valves configured wasn't positive
there isn't a way to end up backfeeding the jet pump so it might
possibly show (most of) the submersible outlet pressure there...that's
assuming that it is connected here and doesn't feed only directly to the
storage tanks totally independetly; I was presuming they'd want a direct
path available as well if for some reason there were an issue from the
storage tanks wouldn't be totally without as long as could run the
submersible...wasn't enough in the overall in pictures I've seen to know
that for sure (but I've not looked at anything approaching all that have
been posted, either... )