Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do you rebuild the bearings?

On 14 Aug 2018 18:49:53 GMT, trader_4 wrote:

I said if it is the pump, you should probably be looking for a
whole pump, not a motor. DPB said it doesn't have to be a jet
pump either, which I agree with

Ah. Good point. I was equating pump & motor, where they're clearly
different.

The motor ends at the spinning shaft.
The pump is that cast iron stuff with all the pipes attached to it.

I agree that replacing the whole thing (pump + motor) is probably better
than trying to rebuild the motor and seals since I can't easily source the
motor bearings and seals without having better proactive sources (like a
good parts diagram).

I'm ok with plumbing although I'd prefer less rather than more of it.