Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Compressor Woes - Its Not the Bandaid - Pressure Switch

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
"Gerry" wrote in message

Ha! LOL. I know about plumbing nightmares. Try getting what you
need from Home Depot to do an emergency repair on the weekend. The
will gladly sell you nine over priced fittings to do the job of one
reasonably priced fitting you could buy elsewhere. A lot of times I
get frustrated and just make what I need out of aluminum or brass.

I've collected pretty much at least one of each common fitting, the
smaller ones in brass and the larger in black iron. When I use one I
put it on the shopping list to replace. Many are marked with their
nominal size to help identifying threads.

The machined brass ones generally run true enough in the lathe to hold
other pipe or fittings for modifying, using either light cuts or the
support of a tailstock pipe center. The narrow hex doesn't provide
much support, even in a 6-jaw.

A large enough True Value hardware store may carry a significantly
better selection than HD.