Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do yourebuild the bearings?

On 8/15/2018 11:48 AM, dpb wrote:

From the above comment regarding colors, it looks to me like _perhaps_
the two supplies (blue) have been hot from the connectors leading to
discoloration of the insulation.Â* It may just be from exposure but that
they're blackened ends and then transition to pristine as get farther
from the connectors makes me question.

I'd check on that while the pump has been running a while and also see
about cleaning up those connections.Â* I'm not that keen on the slide-on
connectors for higher current applications; there's really not that much
good contact area often.

"From the above comment regarding colors, it looks to me like _perhaps_
the two supplies (blue) have been hot..."

Check that--blue is the motor leads, not supply...