Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default LOT20 storage heaters , old systems and changing a storage heater- anyone up on this?

On 15/08/2018 10:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 02:31:38 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

However, this one is for a bedroom and I am not convinced any fan is so
silent it is suitable in a bedroom or that I need it there.

That depends on the fan. Small and fast, like PC fans, are noisey.
Large and slow are not.

I did ask Dimplex directly if they could tell me if the new storage
heaters could run a fan from a 3 pin plug supply but they were not best
pleased and told me I needed to get an installer ..... so more cost. OH
can do it nicely, thanks.

Dimplex instruction manuals are on the web.

For one example here
https://www.dimplex.co.uk/product/xl...storage-heater
I don't know if that is the one you are looking at but I would be
surprised if they are not all similar.

And the instructions say

The peak supply must be connected via a switched fused spur with a fuse
rated suitably for the appliances flex, the off-peak supply ,
via a 20A double pole switch. Failure to follow these
instructions will mean that the manufacturers instructions have not
been adhered to. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS

€¢ This heater must be earthed
€¢ Not suitable for connection via a plug top
€¢ Do not locate the heater immediately above or below a fixed electrical
point i

On the "consumer" or "techincal" helpline? That would be the expected
response from the consumer helpline - arse covering. Most people
don't have a half a clue about anything "practical".

See if you can get the installation instuctions and/or a full
specification sheet. The former should tell you want any permenant
supply needs to be, the later should enable you to work it out.

--
Chris B (News)