Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default VoIP Handset that uses a wi-fi connection rather then wired?.

On Wednesday, 15 August 2018 10:15:21 UTC+1, David Woolley wrote:
It is empirically reported by people who have tried it that Wifi
doesn't work well for real time voice.

On the other hand, I used nothing else for a year. Zoiper/Android/Sipgate.

It was more sensitive to distance-from-the-router (and possibly closer-to-other-routers as a result) than ordinary browsing but provided I didn't walk about too much it was perfectly usable.

It does not work nicely over shopping centre free wifi though :-(

Owain