Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do yourebuild the bearings?

On 8/13/18 8:08 PM, trader_4 wrote:

IDK why you call it a pressure booster pump instead of just a pump.
It sounds like it's a jet pump and the only one. Jet pumps differ from
a piston pump in that they can bring up water from depths that are lower
than the max lift of a piston pump, which I think is like ~28 ft?
They use two pipes, one pushes water down the well to the other part
of the pump where a jet action picks up water and it comes back on
the other line.

I'd never heard of the two pipe system until you mentioned it. So I
had to look it up. Popular Mechanics has a short article.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to/a152/1275136/
I'm in an area where a single pipe system is good enough. We used
to have artisan wells here. I don't know if any of those are still working.