Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure booster pump won't start consistently - do yourebuild the bearings?

On 8/14/18 6:44 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:
On 14 Aug 2018 16:12:22 GMT, trader_4 wrote:

BTW, since you're interested in what you really have there,
it's a jet pump, but it's being used like a conventional pump.
The second connection for the pressure side pipe that would
normally go down the well isn't used.

Wow. All that just from this crappy picture?
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8580487pump08.jpg

You are almost certainly correct though, as GE pointed me to Riegel Beloit
who bought the GE motor division 260-416-5400 who told me to go to GE
Marathon/Century 800-541-7191 who told me that GE made this motor only for
Marathon who made it only for Jacuzzi Brothers as a custom built motor
(that's from memory of the phone calls today looking for a parts diagram).

So can I just buy any 1HP (SF 1.4) 56C frame motor?
The impeller would also need to be inspected when the motor is removed.

BTW, the bladder tank spec is here.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9829184flow05.jpg
Model WX302, Well-X-Troll
Factory precharge 38 psi
Maximum working pressure 125 psi
Test pressure 125 psi

So it's working at about half its maximum pressure and roughly about double
its precharge pressure.

This says it's 86 gallons.
https://www.amazon.com/Amtrol-WX-302.../dp/B005VPQ0D0

The next question you should ask is "How do I adjust the air
pressure in my
bladder tank?"
https://www.ehow.com/how_6025664_adjust-air-pressure-bladder-tank.html
The temptation to ask if college boys know how to air car tires was
really strong
but I resisted it. There's always Flip Wilson's excuse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLifea3NHQ