Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Sears gas clothes drier

On 08/14/2018 09:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 9:43:03 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:
Due to several problems and the fact that it's 20 years old I purchased
a new clothes drier.

Kind of curious though as what the problem is with the old one. I do my
own repairs and this one stumped me.

The gas only comes on intermittently. I can see the igniter glowing but
most of the time, there is no gas present.

Sometimes it will ignite but after a few minutes goes out again.

The timer and thermal breakers all check ok. I'm thinking it must be the
solenoid that actually turns the gas on.

Sounds most likely. Did you see if there was voltage on it when it
goes out?

No. Not easy to get to. If I was set on fixing it I would check though