Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

"A lot of people find that. They did some research and put it down to the
fact that the actors in days gone by had much better diction than today's
upstarts. Possibly as a result of paying their dues in theatres. "

That may be but I think it is mostly the mics' frequency response. They had throat mics that I am sure needed a tom on equalization, now what, they are wireless and clipped to the belt ?

" I have actually heard my amp collide with its slew rate.

You have something decidedly out of whack somewhere! "

Yup, turned up loud with about 17 dB of boost at about 10 KHz and up, and material with heavy high frequency content.