Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What is glowing in the basement?

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 2:57:32 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 18:14:30 -0400, BQ340 wrote:

I finally learned how to post something.

https://imgur.com/a/grgYKGt Pictures are not in the order I put them
in.

Just looks like sunlight hitting the intake or exhaust pipe where it
exits the house wall , the pipe is somewhat translucent.

Exactly. I don't know much about heat pumps. It is too cold where I am to
use them. But those PVC pipes look like the furnace is a high-effciency
direct-vent unit.

Can't be high efficiency, those pipes are glowing red.