Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 12:08:22 -0700, jurb6006 wrote:

Probably a good idea too, I have tried to equalize some of the TV shows
and it still sounds like "wok wok wook wok erk". i am talking 2 ten
bands with ranges of +/- 10 dB and 12 db. What is 22 dB, about a factor
of 100 or so ? Still didn't do it, those "resonances" are there no
matter what and they completely obfuscate the overtones necessary to
intelligibility. And it is NOT ME. If it was then how come I can hear
just fine on old episodes of Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Star Trek ?

A lot of people find that. They did some research and put it down to the
fact that the actors in days gone by had much better diction than today's
upstarts. Possibly as a result of paying their dues in theatres. I find
it especially noticeable in English films so perhaps you'd notice it most
in American movies?

I have actually heard my amp collide with its slew rate.

You have something decidedly out of whack somewhere!