Edwin Pawlowski

Default Haunted fridge

"Jim & Lil" jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca wrote in message

When this fridge 'kicks out' there is a couple of bangs comes out of

it...I
mean LOUD...wish I could describe it to you. It happens about three times

day (that I have noticed)....I haven't even pulled the fridge away from

the
wall...so what do I look for when I DO yank it away from the wall????

You won't see anything. The problem is inside the sealed compressor unit,
most likely a broken spring. Cost of repair is very high.

It could last a couple of more years, it could go tomorrow. At least
prepare for the inevitable by deciding what brand and maybe the exact model
you want so if it goes out, al you have to do is call the dealer and have it
delivered.

NOTE: I said have it delivered. Your local appliance dealer probably
belongs to a buyer's co-op and can sell as cheap as the big discount stores.
I see people buying major appliances and hauling them home. Why? For maybe
20 bucks the local guy will deliver and set up the new one and haul away the
old one.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome