Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Tea Table Leg Work

I think the tea table is finished. Got the legs installed and finished. The dowels fit snugly and all is epoxied in place, very well. All seems nice and solid. Cleaned, then very-fine sanded and waxed the top.

I didn't use screws, in addition to the epoxy. Should I add screws for additional attachment? I'm kinna at a loss as to use them, though it would be easy to install. I wonder if the screws would be visible, even if installed on the interior side of the legs.

Another project: Made and upholstered 5 wall panels for a friends dance studio, delivered last night (Whew!) and were installed by an installer, last night.... just in time for today's opening year of dance. This was not, so much, a fun rush job, but I kinna take away a lesson for rush jobs, try to gain a little more time, somehow. I enjoyed it, at any rate, for a friend. Owner Jill & the decorator had given me a basic design and allowed me draw up the details of what I thought was best to match their criteria. They loved the results.... Whew! I'll take pics when I deliver the invoice. Prior to this, I upholstered 2 of the studio's lobby chairs, with pleasing results. I was told the chairs were broken (loose, wobbly backrest), somehow, but kinna like with some of my relatives, it was just some loose screws, so all's good to go, now.... the chairs, that is, not my relatives!

Sonny