Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unusual threading die adjustment

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 14:05:35 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

I made the 4' pan brake to form white aluminum flashing to cover my
exterior window frames, which I rebuilt in PT wood that doesn't hold
paint well. The brake isn't nearly stiff enough to bent 22 gauge
steel
but it clamps it well.

When I was completed and was adjusting the brake a neighbor stopped
by, asked what it was, then when I told him, said I could borrow his
10' Tapco siding brake.

Rat bastid. He waited, eh?

The welded and machined end hinge and clamp assemblys bolt to straight
channel, angle and bar stock, so it wasn't recognizable until fully
assembled. I didn't know he had the brake, they aren't common
homeowner tools. Another neighbor gave me a leftover roll of the white
aluminum flashing.