Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motorcycle carbs flooding ... ?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
So .. I'm tending towards the thought that the floats have become
distorted somehow and are sticking on the inside of the carb body /
float bowl (when floating in fuel anyway) but I'm not sure how I would
check that.

Dunno these carbs, but with SUs you'd tend to replace the valve and seat
complete - it just screwed in.

Does the valve and seat look OK under a magnifying glass? If not, and the
seat is part of the carb body, I'd be inclined to lap the valve to it.

Other thing is not enough lift from the float, or it sticking. But you
seem to have covered this. I assume you can't just by new ones?

--
*If you remember the '60s, you weren't really there

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.