Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chasing with SDS (was Broken chuck on SDS drill)

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Serious question, though, I havn't needed to do any chasing for some
time, are the modern better quality SDS drills good for that?

That's mainly what I bought my 2gk one for, although the hole drilling was
very useful too. Both of which is does very well while weighing very
little more than a decent mains drill.

I tend to
use an angle grinder for cable chasing, and just a cold chisel for
removing tiles.

I tend to avoid an angle grinder if possible indoors due to the mess.

I'd find my Ferm (which I think is about 4kg, it's the
type with the motor axis parallel to the handle rather than the drill
axis) a bit heavy for removing tiles, at least from walls.

That I found the problem with a powerful SDS. I've not found my small one
lacking in power for drilling holes, and I don't do much path breaking up.

--
*Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.