Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Car Radio AM fades in and out

On 8/7/2018 11:08 AM, Pat wrote:

Back in the 60's, cars often only had AM radios, so having music other
than elavator music on FM was a huge improvement. You could drive
under power lines without your favorite song fading away.

I thought it was silly to actually pay money to listen to Sirius or XM
(they use to be competitors) radio when there are plenty of free FM
stations. Then I bought a car that came with three months of SiriusXM
trial. I was signed up after a couple of weeks of commercial free
listening and have had it for about 12 years now.

Sat radio will fade once in a while if the signal is blocked by tall
trees but nothing like AM does. You can also listen to your favorite
station no matter where you travel.