Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Chasing with SDS (was Broken chuck on SDS drill)

On 07/08/2018 10:57, Bert Coules wrote:
"newshound" wrote:

Horses for courses...

If I decide to replace the Ferm I'll go for another budget model,
probably from Screwfix again.Â* For my (mainly demolition-based) purposes
I really don't need anything more high-end than that.

+1 for "demolition" uses.

Serious question, though, I havn't needed to do any chasing for some
time, are the modern better quality SDS drills good for that? I tend to
use an angle grinder for cable chasing, and just a cold chisel for
removing tiles. I'd find my Ferm (which I think is about 4kg, it's the
type with the motor axis parallel to the handle rather than the drill
axis) a bit heavy for removing tiles, at least from walls.