Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default ADSL filters

In article , lid
says...

I had a 'spoke' so big it burned out the telephone line, half te
computer equipment connected to it and some of the carpets.

And blew a TV socket out of the wall.

We had two customers about 2 miles apart affected by the same
storm. In the worst case, the TV aerial vaporised, the inside
of the VHF tuner was incinerated, the consumer unit blown off
the wall and the phone service died over a half mile radius.

In the other house, the TV had been unplugged from the wall.

Two neat holes were drilled through the paxolin panel in the
tuner on which the isolator components were mounted, the mains
switch contacts were welded together and an arc jumped from
the plug lying on the floor to the wall socket and blew the
fuse in the consumer unit.

--

Terry

---