Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Latest Project On My Own Home

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 10:05:01 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

The wife brought up the porch swing idea, so it's under consideration.
She already has outdoor furniture picked out... they always seem to have
something decorated before it's actually built. :-)

Of course, I already have the speakers and flat-screen TV location in my
mind.

One other possible consideration, if your place is like mine, mosquito control. Even in winter, we have bouts with mosquitoes. Walmart, HD, Lowes and other outlets have Yard Guard (or similar) mosquito spray.

I shoot 1/4 second spritz, here and there, in dark places, nooks and crannies, etc., to fend off/drive off those pesky critters. It doesn't take much spraying, just some short spritz, in their general hiding places.

The Yard Guard products are sold seasonally at some of the outlets, so they are not always available year 'round. If need be, you might want to get a couple of extra cans, for times the stores aren't offering the product, until next spring/summer time.

I often spritz my shop, also, before starting work, when out there late in the evenings.

The Yard Guard products are effective for a few/several hours, before needing spritzing, again, in those scenarios.

Very rarely, maybe once a year, do I have issues with wasps & hornets on the patios.

Sonny