Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Broken chuck on SDS drill

On 07/08/2018 08:45, Bert Coules wrote:
John,

Thanks for that.

I've had the Ferm for a few years but I certainly wouldn't describe it
as being in any way crude, so perhaps I was lucky and missed the
earliest incarnation.

The locking-orientation chuck sounds like a good refinement but since
most of the use I have for the tool is demolition than channel-cutting I
think it's something I can live without.Â* And while the Ferm is
certainly weighty I've not found that a particular inconvenience.

Yup if all you are doing is knocking stuff down, it will be less of an
issue. I tend to use mine for things were a bit of refinement and
control make the difference between a job done well enough, and a big
ugly hole in a wall ;-)

The speed control does sound desirable though, as do the other
improvements.

--
Cheers,

John.