Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Broken chuck on SDS drill

You think?
Well good luck with that one, all that vibration and odd angular stresses.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
news
Something has gone amiss with the chuck on my ageing budget SDS drill
(Ferm FBH620 from Screwfix many moons ago): tools no longer
twist-and-lock.

I've seen fixes online but the prospect of dismantling the chuck doesn't
really appeal. A quick test has revealed that the tool still works
perfectly well as a chisel (which has always been my main need) except for
the inconvenient fact that the bit keeps falling out.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't take my most-often-used chisel bit and
simply stick it in the chuck? A spot of Araldite or even superglue on the
very end ought to hold it, oughtn't it?

Many thanks.