Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Latest Project On My Own Home

On 8/6/18 8:24 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 7:08:39 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

I added a couple more pictures of one half of the 4/4 T&G Poplar
roof decking installed. We stained the underside to match the Cedar
and I have to say it's pretty dead on. It looks great from
underneath.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nHLDkWJwdvgXBYS26

Looking better and better each time. Seems you worked on the
western side..... smart! If as here, the afternoon sun really beats
down, making the high humidity even worse. Have a porch swing in
mind? I can already sense having a relaxing swing and/or a couple
of rockers under that canopy.

Sonny

That is the south side but it was late afternoon, so the sun was hitting
it from the west.
We have 80ft+ Poplars on the south property line that provide a lot of
shade, plus the giant Crepe Myrtles. There aren't too many hours of
direct sunlight.

My Sharn is right next to those Poplars so it actually stays very
reasonable inside it.

The wife brought up the porch swing idea, so it's under consideration.
She already has outdoor furniture picked out... they always seem to have
something decorated before it's actually built. :-)

Of course, I already have the speakers and flat-screen TV location in my
mind.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)