Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaustmanifold

On 7/8/18 12:18 pm, Arlen Holder wrote:
On 7 Aug 2018 01:50:38 GMT, Arlen Holder wrote:

You should be warned that I'm intelligent so I can *read* a peer-reviewed
scientific paper, unlike, it seems, most people, who can't comprehend what
a paper says.

I just posted a query to alt.usage.english as to why these particular Asian
authors can't seem to comprehend the difference between "warp" and "runout"
and "dtv", all of which they clearly equate in their paper - where all of
them are different things.
Why can't people figure out warp versus runout versus disc thickness variation
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.usage.english/Gqh_4X_FSw8

Unfortunately, since the Asian authors don't even comprehend what "warp"
actually means, that paper is useless for our purposes, IMHO, simply
because they never once measured warpage. Not once.

I completely understand how they *used* the term "warp"; but it's not the
same thing that I'm talking about.

What they measured was DTV and runout, and what they were caring about was
how heat treating affected those due to the interaction of residual stress
after subsequent heating.

This article, by apparently American authors, uses the terms the way I do:
http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/warped-rotors-myth/
Stop the Warped Rotors Myth and Service Brakes the Right Way

They advise:
"Starting today, remove ´warped rotor¡ from your vocabulary."

Where they discuss "lateral runout" and "disc thickness variation", which
are NOT the same thing as warp (as in potato).

They're just not.

For christ's sake, WGAF?

--

Xeno

"The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them
is a match."
-- Will Rogers