Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On 08/06/2018 12:59 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

I'm on wheels so I don't get out a lot. I can send and receive texts from my computer's Email client if I want to. I don't own one of those smartass phones so I'm a bit of a Luddite in that respect. I can't stop laughing when I see someone holding a device the size of a paperback novel up to the side of their face and talking into it. It's almost like watching someone talking on the first cell phone sold by Motorola that was the size of a brick. People using Bluetooth to talk on their cell phones also make me laugh. I see someone who appears to be talking to themselves and it's even funnier when they're arguing with the person on the phone. Technology definitely makes life entertaining. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

1. Talking on a smartphone does look strange.

2. What keeps your cheek from pushing "buttons"?

3. People who appear to be talking to themselves can be even more of a
problem, when they're using a bluetooth headset. There's no phone in
sight to explain the strange behavior.

4. As to bluetooth, I don't like the normal headsets. I get tired of
being hit in the ear as I walk.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"True greatness consists in the use of a powerful understanding to
enlighten oneself and others." [Voltaire]