Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SOLVED! GFCI tripping problem

"And you're reply is about what I expected from you. "

And your (or would that be "you're" as in "you are" ?) links prove nothing.

However I did find that apparently device can't be the splice is local, not NEC. It is still bad practice in any case.

I do things right and I tell people to do things right. You want to call the city to find out if you can do it the cheap and dirty way ? Go right ahead and have a job that "passes" rather than is "good". Or you can just do it right and not worry about it.