Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 8:06:43 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/5/18 7:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I have a Samsung cell phone that is the size of 2 Zippo Lighters placed end to end. It will do text but I have to put on some very strong reading glasses just to see the 2-inch screen. I want the cell phone for ONE THING! To make fraking phone calls! I slip it into my man purse(11" laptop bag) when I have to go to an appointment with a doctor or when my friend Stinky takes me shopping. The little phone is 5 years old and it works fine. IT MAKES PHONE CALLS! Geez! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster

I didn't think much of texting at first. It doesn't have the
urgency of a phone call
and is good for leaving messages. I'm outside a lot with the normal
rural noises caused
by wind. I'm less likely to misunderstand a text than a voicemail.

I'm on wheels so I don't get out a lot. I can send and receive texts from my computer's Email client if I want to. I don't own one of those smartass phones so I'm a bit of a Luddite in that respect. I can't stop laughing when I see someone holding a device the size of a paperback novel up to the side of their face and talking into it. It's almost like watching someone talking on the first cell phone sold by Motorola that was the size of a brick. People using Bluetooth to talk on their cell phones also make me laugh. I see someone who appears to be talking to themselves and it's even funnier when they're arguing with the person on the phone. Technology definitely makes life entertaining. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster