Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 08:10:28 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 5 Aug 2018 20:06:38 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 8/5/18 7:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I have a Samsung cell phone that is the size of 2 Zippo Lighters placed end to end. It will do text but I have to put on some very strong reading glasses just to see the 2-inch screen. I want the cell phone for ONE THING! To make fraking phone calls! I slip it into my man purse(11" laptop bag) when I have to go to an appointment with a doctor or when my friend Stinky takes me shopping. The little phone is 5 years old and it works fine. IT MAKES PHONE CALLS! Geez! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Phone Monster

I didn't think much of texting at first. It doesn't have the
urgency of a phone call
and is good for leaving messages. I'm outside a lot with the normal
rural noises caused
by wind. I'm less likely to misunderstand a text than a voicemail.

I don't like texting either, but when I text my friend a short question,
I get a short answer usually within 3 minutes. Were I to call her, I
might well be interrupting her driving, or all kinds of other tthings,
like listening to some complicated radio program.

Also, it appears great for business, when there is a chance of a
dispute. People all the time are admitting to things in text that they
later deny on the People's Court. I prefer phone calls but they leave
no record. (My cell phone and home phone answering machine allow for
recording but Maryland is a 2-party state.) "I'll pay you back" as
soon as I get my tax return. is a very common text.

If someone is obviously talking to a recorder they have waived their
expectancy of privacy. The two party thing is moot.