Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default ADSL filters

"AnthonyL" wrote in message

IME if you are on the broadband limit a quality filter also makes a
big difference though probably not so much where the speed is already
good. I recall going from about 1mbps to around 3.5mpbs and had one
of the best speeds going in the village.

I'm not on any limits as far as I know. I never bother about speeds just
so long as its possible watch news clips and Youtube clips etc without
any buffering. However since fitting a new filter its noticeable that
some sites seem much quicker to load (its probably tempting fate just
to mention this)
Filters are the sort of thing you just fit and forget. But
according to some sources at least they can be very sensitive
to any spikes coming down the telephone line and can fail or in
this case gradually deteriorate as a result.

michael adams