Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

On 5 Aug 2018 12:34:29 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

The big question I have is WHY would you fuel your "road vehicles" at
home if you have to buy it at a regular gas station and transport it
home, - unless you live a LONG ways from the fuel station?

That's super easy to answer, but everyone weighs things differently so your
weight on what I say below may be different.

a. I live many miles from any gas station - but that's not the reason.
b. I'm retired, so I basically only use the car for food & parts trips.
c. The wife HATES going to the gas station (& she hates Costco).
d. Costco has the best prices on gasoline out here
e. I can buy lots of storageable food at Costco just once a month
f. So I buy food and gas at the same time at Costco
g. 18 gallons easily lasts me more than a month in my car
h. But the wife uses 18 gallons in just two weeks

In the end, it works out perfectly, given that it's trivial to fuel a car
(if you haven't done it, you'll never know how freaking easy it is) and
it's just as trivial to fill 10 5-gallon jugs when you're already at Costco
getting food.

The hardest part is that you have to put the food in the back seat of the
sedan because the trunk is filled with cans (on purpose - so that they
don't move around on the windy hill).

So notice three things that others may not notice:
1. The wife never has to refill her car
2. I never have to make a gasoline run (I make a food run instead).
3. It's so easy to store jugs, fill jugs, & fill car, that it's not funny.

If it wasn't so easy, I might not do it, but it's one of those things that
is so simple that I can't think of any reason why I shouldn't do it.

It's sort of like someone asking why I throw clothes in the washing machine
instead of sending them out to be dry cleaned. It's so easy to wash at
home, that it's more effort to send them to the dry cleaner.

Same with refueling at home.
It's more convenient than refueling at a gas station.