Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 12:11:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

"There is no manual adjustment on this Pioneer player. "

Hardly anyone knows how to use them anyway.

Just twiddle with the knobs and sliders until it sounds good. What
else does one need to know?

I'm not sure if equalizing the room delays in a "room" as small as an
automobile makes any sense. For an automobile CD/DVD player, the
front panel would never have enough space for the necessary controls
and display. Anyway, I can barely hear the music over the road noise
in my car.

Drivel: I've been playing with Room EQ Wizard software for about a
year:
https://www.roomeqwizard.com
So far, it has demonstrated is that I have no idea what I'm doing and
that having 2 out of 4 walls in my multipurpose music room made from
plate glass windows (no curtains), is a really bad idea.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558