Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 1:44:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 11:23:26 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 08/05/2018 10:04 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 03:23:54 -0400, micky
wrote:

I don't get it:

Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Microphone for Car DVD Receivers

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-MC...ustomerReviews

Why does someone need a microphone for a DVD receiver. Are people
doing karioke in the car?
I thought people want microphones if they are connecting the car
radio to the cellphone, but the ad doesn't mention cellphones.

I haven't seen a car "radio" (MP3 player etc) in 10 years that did not
bluetooth to your phone.

I don't think mine does but then neither does my flip phone.

Are you sure. My 10 year old Samsung Convoy (flip) has bluetooth and
3g data. I just never use it.

You would think both the basic phones and car audio systems would have
it because of the obvious safety issues. It makes it easy
for you to take calls, talk, handsfree while driving. Plus BT in the
phone enables you to do handsfree wherever you are.