Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unusual threading die adjustment

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 10:01:17 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

I've been cutting and bending 22 gauge galvanized on a 30" 3-in-1
sheet metal machine. It struggles with 22 and 24 would be easier.

Does the struggle leave you with a less-sharp bend, or what? What
width stock are you bending?

3/4" angle 24" long, and the bend is tighter at the ends than in the
center. I corrected the angles by clamping them in a home made pan
brake as a vise and adjusting the angle with a rubber hammer and this:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch...mer-66654.html

They are corner reinforcements for an insulated plywood and foam box
for the Alpicool C20 freezer, whose insulation is inadequate in a hot
car.

I made the 4' pan brake to form white aluminum flashing to cover my
exterior window frames, which I rebuilt in PT wood that doesn't hold
paint well. The brake isn't nearly stiff enough to bent 22 gauge steel
but it clamps it well.

When I was completed and was adjusting the brake a neighbor stopped
by, asked what it was, then when I told him, said I could borrow his
10' Tapco siding brake.

-jsw