Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Urethane glue shelf life

On 8/5/2018 10:58 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 9:44:09 AM UTC-5, donald girod wrote:
replying to C & E, donald girod wrote:
Gorilla glue has gelled in an unopened container stored upside down after
about a year. Gorilla glue containers are NOT sealed, at least the small 2oz
ones. Unscrew the cap and you're ready to go (or not, if the stuff has set
up). However my experience has been variable, with some gorilla glue lasting
a long time after opening and other stuff totally failing. I think the only
answer is to use it frequently, or put up with a lot of waste. It is clearly
to the advantage of the manufacturer to have the stuff not last. Urethane
glue is really what you want in some cases (not too many), and so I put up
with it.
--

You're too late. **10** years ago, C & E was abducted by giant mutant gerbils from outer space. The Air Force was unable to intercept the fast-moving flying saucer and it's feared that C & E was used as a sex toy before being eaten by the giant mutant space gerbils. It was a tragic loss for his family and friends. It's been 10 years but the pain from his loss is still with his family. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Old post but problem with Gorilla glue is the plastic container. It
looks like polyethylene to me which is one of the worst polymers to use
from the permeation standpoint. Water molecules can penetrate it and
induce the polyurethane to polymerize limiting the shelf life.