Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

On Sunday, 5 August 2018 14:44:43 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 10:24:39 +0000, Bruce Esquibel wrote:

When in that mode, the radio plays a number of tones and white noise one
speaker at a time to figure out the best pattern for the driver. That
microphone is used to listen to those tones. You aren't in the car, you
place the mic where your head would be and get out of the car and let
the radio run the tests.

I thought I'd heard all the daft features modern cars have until I read
this. Talk about needless complexity.

It's a fairly effective way to get better sound from small speakers in nonideal locations.

Most consumer products are needless now in this society.

NT