Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default What is the purpose of this automobile microphone

I don't get it:

Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Microphone for Car DVD Receivers

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-MC...ustomerReviews

Why does someone need a microphone for a DVD receiver. Are people
doing karioke in the car?
I thought people want microphones if they are connecting the car
radio to the cellphone, but the ad doesn't mention cellphones.

And it says "Placement: The Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ microphone should be
placed in the center of your vehicle's driver seat headrest facing
forward. " So doesn't that mean if you're rear-ended your head will go
back and whack this thing, which has got to be worse for your head than
hitting the head restraint.

And what is it equalizing?

One of the answers to a questions is "No. It's made for auto eq the
pioneer radio. A mic won't work on your auxiliary on your radio."

Is that true, a mic won't work through AUX? I thought that AUX is
normally TRRS and a TS input will still match up with TRRS enough to
likely work. Or at least possibly work. I'm not going to damage
anything by trying, right?