Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

On 5 Aug 2018 07:01:48 GMT, Arlen Holder wrote:

I checked with CARB who said that emissions standards don't play a role
unless any one container is over 50 gallons (that's why drums, they told
me, are technically 50 gallons but actually less) and the sum total is less
than 300 gallons.

Actually, as I recall, there are two limits for CARB, one of which is the
49 gallon drum, and the other of which is the 300 gallons.

The emissions don't hit until you store more than 300 gallons and the drums
don't hit if they're a fraction under 50 gallons.

As I recall.

The point is that I currently have a dozen 5-gallon legal "jugs", any one
of which and all of which are perfectly legal as there is no limit anywhere
to how many you can store according to my research years ago.

And, I'll go to two-49-gallon drums when I upgrade to the pump system (I'm
going for a 12V pump but you can do hand-operated pumps - but why bother
since it's so easy without any pump that if you're gonna pump - you may as
well go well-grounded electrical).

The big problem is delivery.
Not the storage or refueling (both of which are utterly trivial).