Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Mains Water Pressure. What is "typical"?

On 04/08/2018 19:00, wrote:
Here in Palm Desert California our home was built with TWO water pressure regulators. One for the house supply (set at 50psi) and one for the garden sprinkler supply. I have never bothered to determine the latter pressure. Static pressure from the street is 95psi which varies but not by much.
Construction methods here involve a cast concrete slab with the water pipes set in the concrete. To me, this is BLOODY LUNACY as anyone knows concrete flexes and cracks. Slab leaks are not at all uncommon. Guess why?

This being a UK group, we are not particularly interested.