Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 07:47:06 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Who cares what the signal looks like there anyway?

Electrical engineers analyzing what's there, as I have done consistently
from the start. So did the elect eng prof in his IEEE paper.

This is quite clearly a single phase source that is 120 and 240 above
ground yet it is wired exactly the same way.
The only thing I did was move where I land the MBJ.

And that is why there are still two phases coming from that center
tapped transformer that are 180 out of phase with each other.
You haven't changed what's there or how it works, only what's
connected to earth.

Not really. It is a single phase that starts 0-120 and continues
120-240.
The reality is the current flow is exactly the same but it eliminates
that confusion about one being opposite of the other.

The voltage on one hot is the opposite of the voltage on the other hot
with respect to the neutral.

One "hot" is 240 volts away from the other one whether you center tap
the secondary or not.
Do you agree with that?