Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 14:14:12 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On 4 Aug 2018 01:01:12 GMT, wrote:

.. I can just see it now - me - walking through the crowded
parking lot - clicking away to see if I can open any cars . :-)

I always wondered if the same key (in the olden days, we all had metal
keys, remember?) would open more than one car...

Definitely.

The key to my Dads 66 ChevyVan would open and start his brother's (who
dad worked for at the time) 1958 Chevy 1 ton - and it also opened and
started a Pontiac that someone parked in front of the loading bay. (he
moved it to the far end of the industrial complex the shop was located
in)

In Zambia 15 keys would start virtually every Peugeot 404 (and quite
a few other peugeot models) in the country - so I put a FIAT ignition
switch in my 204