Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - VOIP

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 04:28:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hopefully one of the things that will come out locally is some

form
of "register" (probably have to be voluntary to be on it) of who
lives where and maybe if they have any "special needs".

The combination of BT's directory database

Assumes people have telephone service from BT. If they have just the
physical line provided by BT and telephone service from A.N.Other
they have no no contract with BT.

... and the national address gazetteer (which I think has geodata)
should already provide the first.

Does that distinguish between "permenantly" occupied, second homes,
holiday lets?

BT also has a register for free priority fault repair (which requires a
medical letter or similar), and the energy companies all have vulnerable
customer databases.

Yes but all individually maintained and use of the information
controlled by data protection. I doubt that the information they hold
could be shared with a third party to identify "occupied" premisis.

--
Cheers
Dave.