Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 03:40:52 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder
wrote:

On 3 Aug 2018 20:05:08 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

The fob is NOT BEING PROGRAMMED. You can actually add the same fob
to more than one car .At the same time. You are programming the CAR to
the fob, not the other way around. Each fob has a unique identifier
code, and each make and model of car can use a specific range of
codes. Programming adds the identifier of the fob into the list of
acceptable codes (if it falls into the range for that vehicle) in the
car's body control module (computer)

That's interesting that the same fob can work on more than one vehicle!

... I can just see it now - me - walking through the crowded
parking lot - clicking away to see if I can open any cars . :-)
John T.