Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

On 3 Aug 2018 19:38:54 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

He didn't have to replace the sensor he screwed up.
He "salvaged" it and didn't have to tell the customer he screwed up -
or it was A DIY job and he figured he wasn't going to spend money on
"another ****ty sensor" that likely wouldn't fit either - - - - - -

Always blame the part - don't take the blame for your mistakes - - -

That makes sense (from his standpoint).

The old sensor didn't look at that old, so, maybe it was his attempt to fix
the code. Dunno.

I just think it was a crappy job that I'd be embarrassed to do if it were
me.

I'm glad you pointed to the chaser - as - I think - it did the trick (cross
my fingers).