Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default What options exist for getting duplicate automobile remotes?

On 3 Aug 2018 18:23:40 GMT, Clare Snyder wrote:

On the mitsu it is true. Says right in the documentation. When you
go ito "programmode" it erases ALL existing remotes

I'm gonna assume those "existing remotes" can be re-programmed on another
car?

There's a reason I ask, which is we're asking the original owner to come up
with more remotes, if he can.

BTW, does anyone know if the three-button remote Clare found can also be
used instead of the two-button remote the kid currently has?

The reason I ask is that, for some reason, the trunk doesn't open with the
one key he has, and, there's no way to open it by hand, so the *only* way
currently to open the trunk is via the lever in the cockpit (since the fob
he has is only a two-button fob).

Seems to me, if the three-button fob works, that this would solve the trunk
problem too.