Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default HP54825A Infinium scope

On 8/1/18 6:46 PM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
It's an interesting article, but it does NOT address how to set
the BIOS up to see the hard drive.

Buried in the service manual is the BIOS set up.
IT recognized that there is indeed an IDE drive present.
Then complained it couldn't boot from it.
For a week or so, I thought there was still something wrong with
the bios.

Surprise, coincidentally with my wiping the BIOS, the hard drive
decided to quit working. Replacing it with a spare that I already
had as an image the scope booted right up.'

Holmes was right. "What ever is left, however improbable, is the
answer."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0