Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:28:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 1:40:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 07:42:56 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I can do the same with 3 phase, run it into
the house. I'd see one sine wave at 0 deg, one at 120 deg, one at 240 deg,
correct? Rotate the 120 deg coil to 180, what do you see now? It's
a sine wave at 180, correct? Are there still 3 phases there or did
one just disappear? Now remove the 240 phase conductor. Three minus
one is TWO. And what you have left is exactly identical to 240/120
service. Two hots, 180 deg out of phase with each other.

If you connect them together and they are in phase now, you just
created a single phase.

No idea what you're talking about. If you connect two conductors that
are the same voltage and the same phase angle, you've paralleled them,
that's all. There is no potential difference between the two.

Yes bet you are talking about 2 sources that are already connected in
series in phase with each other. Then you want to simultaneously want
to make a parallel connection .... Kaboom.

And again, why is it that you can't answer those simple questions,
one step at a time? Never mind, I know why.

.... I have many times. You just refuse to accept my answer.

In a series circuit (source) that actually works, you always connect
the positive to the negative and you create a single source.
Take the 9v batteries you were talking about earlier. You said it was
2 sources when I snapped two together in series. Thanks for confirming
what I said because to use your theory, there are actually 12 sources
now because you need 6 cells to get 9v.

There would be all those additional sources IF YOU PROVIDED A TAP TO
THEM AS PART OF YOUR CIRCUIT. Then you'd have to treat them as separate
voltage sources.

You are just being silly now. If you can see it, it doesn't exist?
No wonder the professor needs to resort to such convoluted logic to
explain a simple thing to you snowflakes.

I am OUT