Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 3:56:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:46:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 1:40:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Here's another thing that flows beautifully when you understand circuits
101 and apply it consistently. You come into your shop and your assistant
Bob says, I'm going to connect these two conductors together. You look
and he's fooling with some old 90 deg two phase motor, connected to a
two phase power source. You shout, Bob! You can't do that, they are
not the same phase!

Next day he's about to connect the 120 and 240 deg phases of a 3 phase
system. You shout, Bob! You can't do that, they are not the same phase!

Next day he's about to try to parallel two receptacles that are on
different hots in the 240/120 service. In my consistent world, I
shout, Bob! You can't do that, they are not the same phase. You could also
shout you can't do that, they are opposite polarity, which would be
the same thing. What would you shout? Start talking about transformers?
By the time you had just begun your tangled explanation, there would be a
big explosion.

What colour is the sky in your world ?
.. and more importantly -
do you ever have time to gaze at it ?
really.
John T.

I take that to mean you can't give a definition of N phase power either.